Sunday, February 26, 2017

With All My Heart @ STAMPlorations

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}

Hello friends and visitors! Thank you for dropping by my blog today. It's my pleasure to bring you my newest mixed media art journal made as part of my design team project for STAMPlorations Sunday Stencil #85. My fellow teammates have designed wonderful creations for more inspirations here
 These pages have layers and layers of white acrylic paints. One because to rub off the dissatisfaction I did with stamping because I felt the placement was not okay. Two because my first intention was to create a faux encaustic art in the background. 
 No pigments added to beeswax in this project as that is true element for encaustic art thus mine is absolutely a trial effort using the ordinary and easy to get tools such as gesso, modeling paste and acrylic paints besides tissue paper and recycle paper from sugar bag {the ones you see in hotel room for your diy drink ~ they are useful, aren't they?}.
 They give depth to the artwork, the tissue paper add texture if it is wrinkled when glued and its translucency is similar to wax. I used circular two stencil to run through the modeling paste and create random patterns. The trendy butterflies were stamped, colored with watercolors and Signo white gel pen was used to highlight the little ones with dots.
I decided not to leave the page empty but I didn't imagine I would add a story on self made tag either. I had it printed last year meant for card making so there, it sits nicely in my art journal now. What do you think?

Last but not least, I wish to partake in this challenge:

That's it for today. I thank you for dropping by and wish you a great week ahead.
Hugs and smiles,

1 comment:

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah