Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Dream Come True @ Digistamps4Joy

{My DT work for DS4J}

Hi everyone! Wish you all well, happy and healthy. So am I as I was able to weeding underneath my lovely yuca tree yesterday and continued a little bit more later before the sun started heating up. I am very much into gardening mood since last week now that the rain has stop falling allowing us sun ray and not to mention windy and dry season!

Enough chit-a chat. So it's that time again for a mid-challenge reminder at Digistamps4Joy February ChallengeThe theme as always is Anything Goes with optional Red for Valentine's Day. However I don't celebrate this day. Nevertheless I added red to blend with black and white on my mixed media card. Red is my favorite color I can't resist for this challenge but if you notice in many projects I did in the past, I hardly use red.
I  have no idea why {smile}.  
For this project, I have used Fuschia digital image. Click here for this beauty.
I stamped leaves above the fuschia to make it more interesting and lively. I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils to color the fuschia.
 I added some punch leaves tucked underneath each other so the punched flowers can smile to accompany the beautiful fuschia. Besides hydrangeas, roses and orchids, I also love fuschias but unfortunately my climate is not suitable to grow them in my garden.
 The background was the first process to do whereby I cut strips of papers and adhere them randomly to create texture. I laid down pieces of drywall tape randomly as well. Then the piece was gesso-ed and blow dry with heat gun. Next process was applying texture paste through a stencil.
 I can't recall where the sentiment is from because I printed it long ago and never use until now so it does come handy and ready to use. I like! 
 I used watercolors to paint the background by spritzing water to let it run all over the place but with control for sure {chuckle}.
 So there you have it. I hope I am able to inspire you today. The monthly challenge ends this 28th day so get your creation/s into the challenge link sooner.

Lat but not least, I'm playing along in these challenge:
1. Crafty Sentiments : Your Favorite Combo
{I love red, black and white}
2. Everybody-Art-Challenge : For Girls
 3. Crafty Cardmakers : Ch#182 Add Some Texture
4. Path of Positivity : Expression of Love
{Showing my love to a person is simply by using motivational quotes on my creation}
5. Love to Create : Ch#3 Anything Creative / Mixed Media Goes
6. Try It On Tuesday : Let's Get Messy

Thank you for dropping by.

Hugs and smiles,

12 comments:

  1. Asmah this is fantastic!! really gorgeous work!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this! The sentiment really touched my heart. Happy belated Valentine's Day, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty canvas. Lots of texture and colour. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this month. Hope to see your pretty art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! Thank you very much for joining us at TioT's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Asmah. Thank you for joining us for out texture challenge at Crafty Cardmakers

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work on this most delightful creation. Love it and all the textures. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Glenda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic project with super textures and details/ Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome creation! Love all the depth and the different textures ;o) Thank you for joining my "Add some Texture" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers Blog! Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That background is absolutely amazing! So much texture .. and the colours are gorgeous!! Totally brilliant work. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing card, so many different textures and techniques. I am with you on fuschias, they are my favourite flower. Thank you for sharing with us at PoP. Pippa PoP DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love! your mixed media masterpiece. The sentiment is perfect for your canvas, and it has so much texture. Thank you for sharing with us at the Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah