Sunday, May 29, 2016

TIME is FREE @ DS4J {New Sunday Release}

{My DT work for DS4J}

Hi everyone! I'm happy to welcome my new friend cum follower Mel to my blog. To all of you my wonderful friends and visitors, it's always a pleasure to have your visits and supportive crafty comments, thank you so much.

I'm thrill to share with you my newest mixed media card. In the beginning it was supposedly to be a soften lighten brighten colorful planning but as I started playing with watercolors, I went wild and added more darkness and more darken edges {can't do without black, that's always my problem, duh!}. I just can't do without black stamping neither black colors.
I believe my love for black comes from Black Beauty the story book I read at primary school.
Since then I often say black is beauty {chuckle}.

So do you like the focal point? The young lady is called Patchwork Pat
She is a new digital image released today at Digistamps4Joy e-shop. The design team has created stunning cards for your inspirations; take a look here.
Supplies used: DS4J digi image, STAMPlorations stencil + stamp, Prima flower, 13arts doily, Kaisercraft stamp + paper pad, Memory Keepers stamp, quote from Pinterest, Alpha watercolors + modeling paste, Faber Castell watercolor pencils, Tim Holtz's distress ink, Devian gesso, Carla Craft punch, Jeff punch, black beads, glitter, card stock and paper stash

Some close-up pictures:
If you look closer, you can see the textural background is adhered with pieces of square leftover card stock and patterned papers to fill up the card base. Then I spread light gesso all over and let dry. Next I used stencil to make some patterns using modeling paste.
Erm, I was this close to snap a pic of the early process but the camera showed the battery blinky light and its iris shut down automatically {I hate when that happens}
 I found the time quote from Pinterest. It's one of the sources I search for quotes and save in folder. I love motivational quotes most of the time and often used it in my creations. I usually find a time after housework is done or the kids' stomachs are 'full' and then able to relax by reading some quotes to print all at once before I tackle the mountain of laundry to fold {6 people in the house; school uniforms, the hubby's uniforms, the day's wear etc} so you know why sometimes I need motivational quotes? {That's life, smile}
Taking my card into these challenges:
I love all the colors in this mood board and combined them altogether.
3. Archiscraps : Layering & Reflective
 That's it for today. Thank you for dropping by. Have a good day and use your time wisely {note to myself too, hihi}.

Hugs and smiles,

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Archiscraps with your fabulous mix media card. I to find inspiration from quotes or words from songs.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, thanks for playing along in this months challenge at Kaisercraft:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Kaisercraft : )
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah