Saturday, May 14, 2016

Beautiful Moment @ DS4J {Mid Challenge Reminder}

{My DT work for DS4J}

Hi everyone! Yours truly is here bringing a new layout today designed for Digistamps4Joy mid challenge reminder hosted by my fellow teammate Eva. The challenge this month is Anything Goes with a twist to add ribbon in your paper creations.
You have until May 31 to submit your entries here.
I have used digital image drawn by Margaret Kieser the owner of DS4J. It was fuzzy cut and colored with Faber Castell watercolor pencils.
 I'm giving credit to my German pen pal Christiane Hansel who gave me this photograph in her letter to me. She has been my wonderful pal since high school and I still keep her snail mail letters. Christiane loves traveling and trekking is one of her best skills besides photography. She snapped this stunning scene in Switzerland in June 2006. Wow that is 10 years ago!
I've added sequins, pearls, drywall tape, gauze and tucked in some Scrapberry's flowers underneath paper layers. The butterflies are usually a must in my creations; feel like my work is incomplete without the flying creatures and of course water colors is a must {smile}.
 I have used this lovely sketch from Bumaga-Maraca:
Taking my signature style layout to Anything But Cute challenge #13 Celebrate Your Style:

That's it for today. Thank you for dropping by and wish you a nice weekend.

Hugs and smiles,

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful mixed media layout with so many layers and fabulous elements! What a wonderful way to display that awesome photo! Love it!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Celebrate Your Style challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asmah, I'm so happy your shared your signature style layout with us at Anything But Cute. What a beautiful design and I love the colors! I'm just a little bit at a loss for words here, because this is such an amazing work of art and labor of love. I would have loved to have been a butterfly on your wall when you were putting this together. All your elements flow so effortlessly together and lead the eye around the page. So fine! Thank you for Celebrating your Style with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT and newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asmah, I love the story behind this beautiful photo! Your layering is tremendous. Absolutely gorgeous design! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah