Monday, October 19, 2020

7th Birthday Celebration ~ Day 2 @ STAMPlorations

 Hi there! It's Day 2 celebrating 7th years of STAMPlorations. Thank you to each and every one of you for visiting my blog yesterday. And I must thank you in advance right away for reading my post right now (terima kasih  in my language means thank you).

This special event needs no introduction I'm so sure for I know all of you are biggest STAMPlorations supporters/fan/clients for seven years. Shery Russ always has been generous with her prize, surprise and giveaway over the years. This one is no exception.

Play along and who knows you could be in the winner list.

Day 2 present a mixed media and shabby chic combo on a handmade mini album cover. This is kick start to creating the pages next. Work in progress I should say {smile}.

Some up-close pictures:

I swipe homemade texture paste trough Mosaic In Squares slimline stencil to create a pattern and let dry.
I'm very much in love with the new cover plate namely Wonky Stitched Grid Texture. Why? Because I love sewing and I sometimes sew my paper craft by hand or use sewing machine. But having this cover plate add extra bonus because the stitched grid texture looks so real (to my eyes perhaps, lol) that I can easily skip needle and thread once in a while. Why not?

I used Sizzix to die cut four pieces of book pages altogether and started tearing them into pieces. Then I glue them down on the cardboard. Once the base is ready, I applied texture paste stated above.
For a little dramatic look, I stamped Bloomfully - Remember accordingly to my plan. That's why it's so important to stick to your plan so you won't go wrong...smile. .but of course sometimes things don't go the way you plan right? Because you see, once I completed this cover page and snap pix for this post, when I thought I was 100% done and dusted, I realized I did not stamp a sentiment like I always do...ayayaiii.
It's okay, I can add later when I start doing the pages for this mini album.
You can't rush art eh (chuckle). 
The Ovals Flexi Template by Monika Skinner is so flexible allowing you to design any way you like. I use the template to make an oval frame by cutting a thick corrugated cardboard. Then I wrap it up with brown twine and stick it on the front cover album. I applied black lace and cream lacy flowers with black gems in the center to finish off this project.
And here's the finished cover mini album once again (without sentiment yet --- I forgot!!). Are you like me sometimes?

Well that's it from me today. Check out yesterday's post here if you haven't already. Be sure you don't miss out anything.
I see you tomorrow on Day 3. Stay tuned!
Till tomorrow, stay safe and create.
Hugs and smiles,

10 comments:

  1. Very dramatic and the cover does look authentic. The sentiments can come later after you have completed your album. I love the oval frame. Very ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super pretty. Lovely mixed media and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you make! It's always stunning
    and so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Album Cover, Asmah. I really love how you used the Flexi-Template too. Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This is gorgeous!! Love all the amazing texture! And that oval piece you created is fabulous!! I might have to try that myself; thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love the combination of textures. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Love the colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah