Monday, July 02, 2012

Sweet Smile

Another beautiful day my end and wish you are having a great one too. The kids' Daddy bought a box of ice cream with 3 in 1 flavour yesterday...suddenly I remember a layout I did in May and haven't posted to my blog yet, hmm. What's the connection between the ice-cream and this particular layout? The layout features a cone of ice cream :) What makes this layout special to me is the priceless photos my daughter 'Alyaa scribbled on and eventually I decided to scrap it! The sketch for the layout contains hexagon that has become a trend lately which I love making them myself. Cheryl O'Neill designed the sketch for her own challenge during the Inter[National] Scrapbooking Month in May. I loved her sketch and go for it!

...the beautiful sketch by Cheryl O'Neill...

I used scraps to make the hexagons based on a template below. Thanks Michelle Van Wyk for the template.


Materials used: Kaisercraft (patterned papers/ink/stamp), Martha Stewart punch, StazOn, my trusty printer and butterfly embellishment

...some close up pictures...
I'm not a big fan of green shades but lately I seem to use green
for my layouts and prefer black matting most of the time.
Journalling...my favorite part!
Well, here is the main photo 'Alyaa scribbled when she was young.
It takes lots of decision making to make this layout. I completed the right page one weekend and waiting for the giant photo to be developed by the photo shop since my photo printer can only print 4x6 photos. These photographs are from 2001 when my 'Alyaa was a year older. I had the giant photo developed in the same year from a free coupon but 'Alyaa has "scribbled" her face!!
I wanted to scan another copy for this layout but like I said, the photo shop can't do it because their machine break down so I took back my 4x6 original photo from them and said to myself, "Come on Asmah, don't just scrap beauty but scrap the reality that lies beneath!" ...nah, the "scribbled" face doesn't matter no more; that's 'Alyaa's "handwriting" :) To be honest, I just had to fight against "my perfectionist" as I did the left page :) Nevertheless I love this layout very much!

Join me for ice-cream today :) Have a nice day and thanks for visiting!
Hugs!

4 comments:

  1. Love this page Asmah! Its been great chatting to you at CC and I am looking forward to seeing your creations! Drop by and see me too at

    http://rachaelscrapping4me.blogspot.com.au/

    Cheers! RAch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout Asmah. Love the design, colours and of course the cute little subject.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Love the colours, design and of course the cute subject.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...for several reasons! I love the hexagons! I love the "scribbling!" I love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah