Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Kindness and Paper Lace Tutorial

It's been an amazing week for me besides my hectic schedule, I spend my time between scrapping and shopping for my living room wall. I'm giving my living room a new facelift as I'm getting bored with the same white colors for four years now. Yesterday I bought a paint and the color is "Moon Shadow" {basically, it's a combination of white and grey; it's undescribable, ha...maybe you have to be imaginary about the shadow of the moon, light and not dark, something like that, teeheehee}. Honestly speaking, I'm taking a break from painting the wall to update my blog right now but I just can't take my eyes off the corner I just painted this morning. Will have a special post on that later when I'm done. Aaaahh, enough rambling :)
This week at Let's Scrap, we are featuring a new sketch by DebbyD for the weekly challenge. The Design Team members have came out with amazing designs. Come over and take a look and you can even participate in the challenge by becoming a member! Below is my sample card; a center step card which is my all-time favorite folding technique. 

Here's the sketch.
Materials used: Kaisercraft paper pad, Martha Stewart border punch, Tim Holtz distress ink, flower embellies, digi images, acid free drawing block, ribbon, eyelets and food coloring
The digi images are from TLC. If you are big fan of digi images, TLC offers great images on sale and some freebies as below...right click and save them and be kind enough to give credit to Paulette the owner of TLC :)
Close-up of the pleated paper lace.
Here's my how-to-do-it tutorial :)
{Note: I used acid free drawing block paper for this card. You may use white cardstock or any thick papers that absorb food coloring}
I hope you will give it a try and let me know if you do it :)

I need to resume painting the wall again. Talk to you later and thanks for visiting me again.
Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. That's a great technique, Asmah! I have oodles of ribbon, yet I never seem to have the color I am looking for...this is a wonderful option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card and wonderful tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VEry effective! Love the card - great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah