Friday, May 15, 2020

Live.Laugh.Love {Art Journal} @ STAMPlorations

Hi everyone! I'm here again to share my art journal and a little reminder that the stencil May challenge at STAMPlorations is still running until this 31st day. Winners will definitely enjoy picking up your prizes so don't wait any longer to create and send in your creation(s) at Mr. Linky

I decided to play with homemade gesso, black and green watercolors for this art work. It's so true that even though I have plenty of time to create to my heart content while stay home during the pandemic but it's not all the time I can do so in the best of spirit. Trying hard to concentrate on my work but the right brain constantly worry about the future; what will take place next; my major concern is my children's future like all parents do and so on.
Then my left brain told me it's alright, stay calm, create something positive and positive will come. Hence the use of these three popular words: LIVE...LOVE...LAUGH.
You can't live in misery despite this dreadful occurrence. Life must go on. That's the reason I choose black to depict clouds of anxiety and the uncertainty of the current situation. In between the vacillation circumstances, silver lining does shine unseen (the white and green shades) while the butterflies depict hope, happiness and freedom. One may aware that no matter how difficult life throws at you but all our action is lead by prayer. The power of prayer is an amazing exchange; by handing over our worries to Allah, He hands over His blessings to us. 
 I used Flutter Zen 1 Layering Dies to cut my butterflies but used the reverse as frame to glue down on this page once the gesso dried. I simply combined green and black to light up the butterflies and doodle the edges with black gel pen. The blue portray the power of prayer as one continues to have faith in God while carrying on living.
 I also stamped small butterflies for additional interests. I hope my simple and little mixed media art work inspire you to create something today.
As always don't forget to display the challenge graphic below in your blog post to be eligible for prize winner:

STAMPlorations products used:
|| Artsy Border Maker || Flutter Zen 1 Layering Dies || Trendy Butterflies ||

 That's it for today. I shall be back soon. Meanwhile, if you haven't already joined Spring Fling Blog Hop & Linky Party, you still have time until May 31st. Lots of spring goodies waiting for you.
Take care. Stay safe and have a good time.
Hugs and smiles,

2 comments:

  1. Hello Asmah! I hope you and yours are well and safe. The message of your post was as beautiful as your journal page. Your work is gorgeous. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely page. Love that crazy doodling around the butterflies.
    Well, yes there is a certain amount of uncertainty that is to be expected. Stay firm and, in syaa Allah, we will all pull through this tough times. Always remember that "tough times do not last but tough people do".

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah