Friday, May 01, 2020

Best.Day.Ever {May 1) @ STAMPlorations

Hello everyone and happy May! 
First day of May that often takes me back to 21 years ago! You may wondering huh?
This is the day my husband and I tied the knot in 1999. I'm so grateful the Almighty and our parents blessed our marriage and together we build our marriage life and keep our fort between ups and downs, high and low, difficulties and arguments, laughter and jokes, love and hate, and all that makes our marriage life more meaningful and cherishable. The fact that my husband is the eldest child (and he married to someone's youngest daughter) truly makes him a keeper to me and our four blessings. I can't stop thanking the man of my life for everything he does and can never stop counting my blessings either.

Well of course this pandemic and stay home order forbidden us to go elsewhere to celebrate. Also this is the 7th day we Muslims are fasting in Ramadan so I plan to cook something special to break the fast later in the day, and just enjoy the grey weather indoor.
Nevertheless I wanted to make something special to mark our 21 years so our children will have something to look into one day. I haven't made a scrapbook page for ages (last was October 2017!!). I sincerely hope this will gain you some ideas and inspirations.
This special layout is made part of my design team work for STAMPlorations.
Today is the start of May Stencil Challenge.
This shabby artsy mixed media layout used combination of different mediums and elements. This is the second series of my family scrapbook page [back in 2017 I decided to create a special family album as heirloom for my children and their future kids one day {smile}Click here to see the first creation]. This family photograph was taken last year when we spent the evening at Mount Jerai. A very cozy and beautiful hill top where my immediate family, my newly married husband and I spent the night on 8th May 1999 before we were celebrated for the second wedding reception at his parents' home on 9th May 1999. By the way our wedding day was at my parents' home on 1st May 1999. This family picture was never easy to snap because of the cloud in the background and it was around 6.45pm but lucky me, the visitors nearby understood I was using self-timer dslr and they stayed put so we can have that spot without distraction but some who didn't understand simply walked by {huhuhu}. Adjusting the camera and running back and forth between the tripod and my loved ones were crazy hilarious. This time I chose 10 seconds timer and 10x continuous shot allowing me to choose the best photo.
 Layering and bulky of craft embellishments tucked in underneath each layers is one of my most favorite thing to do besides focusing on attention to detail. This is very important to me.
 I used basic techniques like punching paper scraps to make paper lace around the heart shape, folding old book pages to create paper flowers and relying on my old school sewing machine to sew the edges. 
 I used ARTplorations layered petals, plaid maker and stained glass stencils to create textural designs with homemade texture paste.
 Splashing black paint for additional interest. The stained glass stencil is one of my favorite stencils in the STAMPlorations shop. I simply adore the star shape so much, not sure why. And I also love using artsy border maker stamp set to stamp designs randomly.
That's how I mat my self printed photograph by gluing down on thick cardboard before I glue down on black cardstock to frame it up. Owh and that gauze is from my son's previous dentist's visit for his braces. A little note, he is twice due for braces change because the clinic is closed since Movement Control Order started on 18th March here in Malaysia until 12th May. I look forward to the day when our Health Director General, Dr Noor Hisham announce the last day of this stay home order and hopefully the dentist is back in action and the real beginning to the new normal - 1m social distancing, no gathering, no handshake, wear mask and hand sanitizer - until the vaccine is found within a year or two or more he said. Today he said that as Malaysia had managed to flatten the curve, the country must “strike a balance between life and livelihood”. 
I can't stop smiling when I look at the punched flowers above. I was madly in love with punches when they were big hit in those years. Now I don't buy them anymore but some day if I ever come across some pretty design I might {chuckle}.
 I used Kaisercraft patterned papers and sentiments and the rest are from my stash to adorn the family photograph of me, my husband and our four blessings.

The STAMPlorations products used:

And here's taking my layout into these challenges:
1. Creative Artiste Mixed Media : Ch#60 Anything Mixed Media Goes
2. Craft Stamper : Anything Goes
3. Vintage Journey : Beautiful Blooms
4. Your Next Stamp : Ch#138 Lots Of Layers 

That's it for me today. I hope you get some inspirations from me and will create something special for your heirloom as well. I look forward to see your project/s in our challenge this month with the graphic challenge below in your blog post.
Thank you for dropping by, stay safe and see you soon.
Hugs and smiles,

5 comments:

  1. A layout showcasing the best and worst journey of your married life. Great one! A real family heirloom, too. All the best in the years to come. Take care and stay safe. Love lots. Long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful scrapbook page. Lovely layering, colourway, textures and details.
    Thank you for joining in with our May challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout .... so much detail. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous page! The beautiful colour combination with the touches of turquoise and the detail that you created with all the layers is amazing - I love it 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey and also Creative Artiste! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and wonderful colours - Kelly DT

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah