Sunday, October 07, 2018

Time Is Precious (Mixed Media Art Journal) @ STAMPlorations

Hi everyone! I am so happy to share my newest project for STAMPlorations mixed media challenge this month. 

~~~oo00oo~~~

But before I proceed, I have sad news:~ 

...Melissa Lane, my dear teammate passed away on October 2 leaving behind a husband and four children. She was 47. I already miss you Melissa and will always do.
Rest in peace...

~~~oo00oo~~~


I filled up a page in the mini art journal album made from brown shopping bag a couple years ago and still have few blank pages to splatter with paints in the next few days. Meanwhile, I hope you find this one interesting though {smile}.  
Some more pictures:
 I started off with the empty background by swiping modeling paste over Circular Two stencil. When dry, I blended in two shades of green colors and added bits of black as I go with the flow. When completely happy with blending achievement, I put aside to dry {for tea break, lol}.
The Big Bloom Factory flowers were stamped way advance using Versafine Ink. I fussy cut them while I watched tv with my girls {bonding whenever possible with them because we are usually busy individuals on weekdays and family quality time is important, don't you agree? So I like to do something easy while sitting in the living room with the tv on. Don't like to waste time, smile}.
I gave the flowers colors by using Faber Castell watercolor pencils and blend in with water using brush paint. Yes simple as that.
I randomly stamped the background using Framed Oriole stamp for additional interest. For the flower stems, I picked one stamp from Artsy Border Maker set to create the look.
Lastly, I touch up the overall project with white paint to highlight certain areas and gave more depth to the flower edges with black watercolor crayon.

So there you have it. I look forward to see your Anything Goes project{s} at Mr. Linky 
and please include stencil [any brand is fine]. Don't forget to stick this graphic below in your post to qualify for prize.

Take a look at this challenge guidelines for more detail:

Remember me when you shop at STAMPlorations okay 😍😍😍

That's it for this day. I shall be back again with a recent project coming up soon.
Until I see you again, stay blessed and be blessed.

Hugs and smiles,

2 comments:

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah