Monday, October 15, 2012

Precious...Priceless

After a chatty phone conversation with my sister, I hit the scrappy table once more to make a card for StuckOnUSketches first card sketch challenge this month. This is my creation:
 
Materials used: Kaisercraft - background paper & stamp, Tim Holtz distress ink pad, VersaFine ink pad, Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist, Carla Craft punch, digi sentiment from Ginger's House, and others from my stash
 
The sketch:
Some close-ups:
I made the flowers out of drawing paper...tear and mist...fun time!
Punched flowers and butterfly made by my big girl several dawn ago because she was bored after waking up from the wrong side of bed...lol...
 
The sentiment I chose today reflects the sacrifice I did many years ago when I chose to say goodbye to my professional career in broadcasting world to nurture my firstborn then. The turning point in my life brought me to what I love most, my love for art and crafts. Sometimes life is funny. I studied for years to become a broadcaster after earning a degree yet I wouldn't have thought the artsy talent I develop from my childhood is what I do full time at home and able to watch my children grow from day 1.  Hmmm, that is a priceless gem...most importantly I love and enjoy what I do. I'm blessed!

Having said that, I thank you for visiting me and I shall take a moment to visit you soon. Thank you for your comment...oh, should  this be your first visit, I'll be glad to have you as my follower so I can follow you too.

This card also goes into these challenges:
1. Tammy Scrap In Corner ~ Challenge #32 Anything Goes
2. Make It Monday ~ Challenge #111 Anything Goes
3. Simply Create ~ Linky Party #6 Anything Goes
4. My Grafico ~ Challenge #138 Anything Goes
5. Just Keep On Creating ~ Challenge #4 Anything Goes

Hugs and Smile,
        

10 comments:

  1. Asmah! Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I just love your take on the sketch! We really are blessed aren't we, that we get to stay home with our children and enjoy this wonderful creative outlet!....thanks so much for your sweet comments at my blog, you make my day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asmah, this is such a great take on the sketch. Love it! The post you've written is so right on target! Thanks for joining in at SOUS .. so glad that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love your flowers and the sentiment as well. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late getting round this week, but so glad I didn't miss this wonderful card Asmah. It's great to see new faces taking part in our sketch challenges, and I welcome you to SOUS. Your take on the sketch is perfect, the sentiment is beautiful, and I love the distressed flowers, and your comment about oldest getting out of bed the wrong side, too funny. Thanks for joining us at SOUS - hope to see you for the next card sketch, released today. Yes, I am late this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, WOW, this is a stunning card! What a great layout! Love the papers you've used, and with the distressed flowers your card has a beautiful vintage look. I think the sentiment is lovely, and also very decorative, so you did well not using an image. I spotted your gorgeous creation on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the font of your sentiment and the card arrangment is so classy. Those flowers and embellishments look wonderful. A very nice card!

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Happy Crafting...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, what a great saying!!! thanks for joining SC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your card is gorgeous! Love those flowers and embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner- Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quote is so true.
    Thanks so much for sharing this lovely project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating.
    Sorry it has taken so long to leave a comment. Just to let you know that the challenges are up and running again so hope you will continue to play along.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah