Thursday, September 01, 2016

Happy Times @ Scrap Africa

{My DT work for Scrap Africa}

Hey everyone! I'm so thrilled because September is here!! Yayy!! It's my favorite month of the year! A month where I get the chance to celebrate me, me and just me {lol}. Me counting days...eight days more to go and tah-dah...me turning another year older {chuckle}. So yes, me counting days excitedly. Okay, enough blab. Until that day comes, it's me here inviting you all to another sketch challenge at Scrap Africa.

Take a look at this fabulous scrapbook pages and cards designs by Guest Designers and Scrap Africa Design Team. 
This is my layout of my youngest daughter when she was 5yo. I had the photos printed in 4x6 size some three years ago but often procrastinating from scrapping because at certain point I lost mojo making double pages with 4x6 photos that particular year. As you can see here, I crop the photos in circle using a punch and distress the edges. So glad finally I used the photos for this project.
    I took a break from mixed media and played with my sewing machine to sew the edges; something I love doing when I make shabby chic design. I tried to stay close to the sketch by layering three circle patterned papers.
Here are some up-close photos:
 I punched the borders with MS punch, distressed with Ranger's ink pad and crumpled them up.
 I loved the little rose from Prima, the pink flower came from Daiso and the blue one from Kinokuniya book shop that always bring in lovely creation from Japan.
If you have been my regular visitor, you may have noticed how much I love using my old Carla Craft leaf punch and adorn the page with layers and layers of distressed punched leaves.
 The lace has been in my stash for some time which I cut out from my youngest daughter's old gown so there's a keepsake to remember {smile}.
That's it for today. Don't forget guys, you have one month long to create any paper project based on the sketch but be sure not to wait until the last minute {smile}. Well, I'm so glad you stop by and I hope to return the favor.
Have a good week ahead and all the best in September.

Hugs and smiles,

1 comment:

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah