Monday, July 27, 2015

Wood Decor @ STAMPlorations

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}


Hi there! I'm thrill to show you my first home decor designed in mixed media style using Weathered Wood stencil. First let me say that I love nature and besides my love for bricks, wood grain is my second love! Or should I say I love rustic look in my house.

I wanted to make this extra special by adding yellow roses because I wanted to give this to my Mother for her birthday last July 17 who loves roses. She was delighted to receive it and ordered me to hang it on the wall at her porch and made me feel proud {chuckle}
Supplies used: Weathered Wood ARTplorations Stencil, Alpha gesso & modeling paste, watercolor paints, scallop die from my Ausralian friend and from my stash: yellow roses, micro beads, lace and gauze 
I used watercolor paints to bring in the realistic touch on the wood grain paste and sprayed brown mists to get the look. I did it several times to achieve what I wanted and feel satisfied with the end result.
So this was the original piece of wood I bought some three years ago and keep hoard it in the dark drawer until I gave it life to my heart content {smile}. That is just a piece of paper with pretty flowers adhered on the wood. I didn't want the picture but the wood {lol} so I altered a bit and created my own summer touch with blossoming flowers.

Take a look at STAMPlorations blog to see two other fabulous creations by my teammates. I hope you will like our projects and inspired to create mixed media in your creations.

I would like to take my project into these challenges:
1. The Mixed Media Challenge Blog : Summer Days
2. Mixed Media Place : Exercise #10 One Important Word
3. Berry71bleu : Use Die

Until I see you in a moment of time with my next project:~ a mixed media art journal step by step tutorial.

Have a good day.

Hugs and smiles,

7 comments:

  1. Oh that stencil did very nicely for your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great textures! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Ble and Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome home décor project! Love the flower cluster and the background is awesome!! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!
    www.lynnkopas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project! I love how you added the wood details. Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Asmah! Really love this! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your background work is stunning with all its detail and textures! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really stunning and beautiful! Thank you for joining in the fun at Mixed Media Place this month!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah