Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Yester Year

Hi there! It's pouring heavily right now. It's been very hot and humid these days so the heavy downpour is just perfect! May is here and there's no other subject highlighted in May except Mother's Day!! I personally feel that every day is Mother's Day because all mothers {inlcuding me} never ever leave the mothering position not in a single second! There's always something a Mother does. Perhaps when a special day is chosen in May to celebrate Mothers, that is the moment we honor Mothers {and give us a chance as Mothers to relax and free the mind even for an hour or so}.
Over at Let's Scrap, we are celebrating [Inter]National Scrapbooking Month the entire May. The Design Team has been working very hard to make it possible so members can join in the fun and challenges we offer. I am hosting Mother's Day Challenge and my challenge is to make a layout and/or two cards. Sounds fabulous eh! My requirement for the layout is to have punched work somewhere on the layout.
I have made a layout of my beautiful mother when she was 12 years old in 1954. It just amaze me to see how well groomed she was compared to me at 12, lol. I was such a tomboy then!
I have chosen a sketch by Cheri O'Neill for my layout.
{sorry the picture is pretty blurry}

Materials used: patterned papers by Kaisercraft and Glitz, distress ink by Ranger's and VersaFine, Martha Stewart punch, Prima flowers, my trusty sewing machine and printer

Here are some close-up pics:
...my Mother loves flowers...
...thanking Valerie Thorpe for her amazing punch tutorial at Let's Scrap...


The girl on the left is my Mother's youngest child, that's ME! I was 12 then in the year 1984. Do I resemble my Mother? Our slanting eyes perhaps! I am not so well groomed like my Mother at 12 and I dislike wearing jewelleries but we share the same passion for flowers, crafting, sewing, gardening, cooking, baking, interior deco and the list goes on. My Mother has taught me so many valuable lessons in life...she means the world to me...she is my everything!

This is for you MOM ~ Happy Mother's Day!

Thanks to all of you my friends for visiting today. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!! Your Mom is sooooooo Gorgeous!!!! And you are coppy of her. She has something about her eyes, i can look on her hours. lol Beautiful Woman.
    Yor L/O is very pretty, i will maybe play with you girls this challenge. I am not good follow sketches, but will try.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout Asmah, I love the distress and stitched edges, the doily and the punched border. The embellishment with all the flowers and ribbon is beautiful as is the picture of your mother. I can't wait to give your challenge for INSM a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asmah, you have taken the cream out this creation. Lovely, lovely layout. Yuo make me miss mum all the more. Glad I'll be seeing her this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah