Sunday, May 07, 2017

Children of the World {Art Journal} @ STAMPlorations

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}

Happy Sunday to all! Warm welcome to my new friend Jo...thank you for following my blog. Jo does gorgeous art journal that you must not miss to view. Check her awesome artsy here.

Today is the first Sunday in May and that means a new mixed media challenge begins at STAMPlorations. As always the theme is Anything Goes but no card creation. My teammates have created amazing projects to inspire you so please take a visit at the blog and theirs also.

I created a heartbreaking art journal this time:
A few close-up shots:
To create the background, I adhered pieces of paper scraps with pva glue so the paper is more thicker and sturdy. Then I swiped the surface with clear gesso and let dry. Next I used ARTplorations stencils to create patterns and texture with modeling paste. After that's done and dried, I started playing with watercolor paints and leave it to dry for final touches by adding an image, quotes, stamping and doodling with black gel pen.
The quote is actually a part from a popular and evergreen song lyric We Are The World. That and the image below from a newspaper trigger me to create a humanitarian artwork in my art journal. I scanned the image for my artwork to represent children of war. I had lump in my throat as I did this thinking how fortunate some children in comparison to the children of war. So sad, isn't it? 
In all honesty, I am tired of reading war news in newspapers as much as watching war news on television since schooling days let alone studying war eras in history until NOW! It never end, is it? This image of a crying Syrian child broke my heart as I read the news in the paper last Sunday. I don't know if this child is still breathing or otherwise. I don't know if this child is all alone without parents. I cannot imagine how scared this child was {and still is?}. But I know one thing that the conflicts will continue and the world be bombarded with endless war news. So devastating!
As former broadcast journalist, I am giving credit to the brave reporter and photographer who dare take the risk doing war news report from the war zone which isn't easy. Without their bravery and courage, we may not witness the happenings.
I have used a quote above by the late Michael Jackson who delivered his speech during his performance at Super Bowl 1993. 

I dripped black paint from the top as symbol of tears in darkness. To add sunshine in the war zone, I added yellow as a sign of hope, light and prayers that the war will end some day...one fine day! Hence the white paint butterflies fluttering to symbolize freedom.
May God bless the children of the war!
The colors used in my art journal was gathered from a lovely mood board at Mixed Media Warriors:

~~~ooOOoo~~~

That's it from me today. I hope my art journal inspires you to create something for STAMPlorations challenge. Don't forget to display this graphic in your blog post:
I look forward to see your entry/ies at Mr. Linky before May bids farewell.
Thank you for dropping by and I shall be back soon.

Spread peace!
Hugs and smiles,

3 comments:

  1. A very moving and touching art journal. Breaks my heart to see the crying child. Feeling grateful for whatever I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thought provoking page xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have been in tears creating this page, it is so heartfelt and very sad to see how our children suffer around the world because of war! I love the symbolism you have injected into this piece and we should never give up hope that one day there will be more love and compassion in the world. Thanks so much for mentioning me and linking to my blog, that is very kind of you! Wishing you happiness! J 😊

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah