Sunday, April 02, 2017

Timeless Memories @ STAMPlorations

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}

Hello everyone and happy Sunday! 
Second day of April and enjoying the sound of raindrops. How is it on your end?
Today begins a new monthly challenge at STAMPlorations.
As always, it's Anything Mixed Media Goes except no cards creations please.

I created a shabby artsy mixed media layout using combination of different mediums and elements. I have made a lot of scrapbook pages of my loved ones but never the six of us altogether because family picture is never easy to snap. Either one makes silly faces or one is not ready during photo shoot. This one was taken during our holidays last year and to capture the memory, I placed the camera on two pillows and set the self-timer at ten seconds so I had time to run to my position {chuckle}. Even so, it took three shots to produce this {to me I think is} best picture eventually and yes, everyone was at her and his best presentation with pleasant smiles. Otherwise, I'm always behind the camera so thanks to self-timer or to the modern generation who call it we-fie {smile}.   

Here are some up-close photos:
I used two ARTplorations stencils: Plaid Marker and Delicate Links to create the textural background using modeling paste.
 I am butterfly lover who often have them in my creation. I used a cute butterfly stamp from STAMPlorations Trendy Butterflies stamp set.
 The flowers are made by me during my free time. I find flower making is always very relaxing to me. I added beads and glitters in the center part.
 I did a bit of hand-stitching near the edges for additional interest by using my DMC threads for my cross-stitch projects in the past. A hobby I still love doing but keeping it at bay for now. 
 Layers and lots of layers...I love bulky layers when I do shabby-chic designs.
I love details and usually finalize my finishing touch by taking more attention in certain areas where I can add more so I tuck in buttons, gauze, sequins, punched leaves etc to make it more interesting or in other word, satisfying.
 I had a little tough time writing down my feelings on clear gesso-ed layout. Either my gel pen wasn't cooperating or the surface wasn't smooth with a layer of clear gesso.
Splash of white paints towards the end. I love doing it so much.
The white gate from Prima Marketing finally gets her special place on this layout which I kept in a box for some five years perhaps {??}.
 I used Kaisercraft patterned papers and sentiments and the rest are from my stash to adorn the family photograph of me, my husband and our four blessings.

I used this lovely sketch from Scrap Club to kick start my work: 
A few more challenges I play along at:
Archi-scraps : Sewing
Mixed Media World : Anything Goes (2nd entry)

That's it for me today. I hope you get some inspirations from me and will create a mixed media project to play along in our challenge.

Thank you for dropping by and see you soon.
Hugs and smiles,

15 comments:

  1. I had to come and get a closer look... Absolutely beautiful Asmah, a great shabby chic scrapbook page around a nice family photo. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Asmah! That is absolutely FABULOUS! I love everything about this one! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again an amazing mixed media creation, but I think THIS one is your best! I hope you frame this in a deep box with glass to preserve for a long time. Well done - I love this one, and you 'blessing' are getting so big now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love how your whole family where here together. Such a memorable photo and an amazing layout. Absolutely gorgeous and one to treasure x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is so beautiful.. the back ground texture is amazing, and the gates looks wonderful.. The hand stitching is a lovely touch too.. thanks for joining in with Archiscraps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful layout and you did a good job taking the photo with the timer, it is lovely. Nice use of hand stitching for added interest and texture. Thank you for joining in at Achiscraps this month
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on the challenge and the stitching looks fantastic. I love all the background work and details. Thanks for joining in with us at Archi-scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just seen this page on Facebook and had to come over for a closer look. Your page is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the close up detail shots - your work is amazing. Such a lovely family photo too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazing work of art! wonderful techniques, great pic, and beautiful flowers you've created! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous entry. Thanks for joining us at ARchiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am new to your stunning work & delighted that you have joined in at Archi-scraps this month. Amazing layers & depth & rich texture

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a warm layout! Thanks for sharing your work !!! Kiev Scrap Club

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful work! Handmade flowers are very pretty! Thank you for inspiration with us, Kievsky scrapclub

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work looks so lovely. Thanks for playing along at Archiscraps this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful LO,gorgeous details,thanks for joining us at Archiscraps this month

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah