Monday, June 27, 2016

Spread Your Wings @ STAMPlorations

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}

Hi everyone! Sharing another project for STAMPlorations Sunday Stencil. The designers have created wonderful mixed media projects to inspire you. Take a peek here.

Well it's very hardly of me to to create this kind of art journal pages with 'maximum' white spaces if I can say that. Normally I leave minimal white spaces because I love to play with watercolors on my project but this time I'm challenging myself to highlight certain areas for depth and leave more white space so the eyes can focus on those highlighted areas.
What say you? 
Some up-close pictures:
 I started  by gesso-ing the pages and let dry for a while to continue with applying modeling paste through pebble waves ARTplorations stencil. Most of the time I like to air dry my work but can't wait to mess it up with watercolors so I used heat gun to dry it up quickly ensuring I didn't blow up bubbles because that is one technique and texture I love doing when using heat gun {lol}.
 When the surface is completely dried, I started stamping using trendy birds 2 stamp set on both sides. I adore the graphic designs on the birds and surely will use these birdies many times in my future projects. I also used patchworrk frenzy graphic pentagons stamp set to stamp random patterns for a little more depth and interest.
I did say I wanted more white space in the beginning but felt it was empty here and there so I added circles by rubbing ink pad onto bubbles ARTplorations stencil to fill up some white space. Told you I'm not really a white space girl...heehee.

So that's it. Hope you like my work this time and really appreciate your comments.
Thank you as always for visiting me and will do  my best top return the favor.

Have a good week ahead and stay happy.

Hugs and smiles,

4 comments:

  1. nice art journal...love the texture so much.. :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the texture you added to the page. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. My....this is a really lovely art journal. Love those birds.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah