Sunday, November 19, 2017

Altered Pizza Box @ STAMPlorations

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}

Hello friends! Happy Sunday and hope today is bright and happy.
I'm back again with an altered project designed for STAMPlorations Sunday Stencil.
I used pizza box to decorate a mixed media element using products from STAMPlorations.

I usually used bold and vintage colors in my projects and this time I decided to use subtle colors for a change.
I have a lot of close-up pictures to share with you. Please enjoy...
 Yes you guessed right. I used tissue serviette of roses to adhere on the box surface with clear gesso for extra element and texture.
 I used butterfly and sentiment stamps from trendy butterflies #2 stamp set that is available at the store.
 I lightly gesso'd the roses and after it is dried, I highlighted the roses with brown watercolor pencil.  
Forest of leaves design seems perfect to decorate the corners so I applied modeling paste through the stencil for random leaves pattern. 
One of my favorite STAMPlorations stencils is crisscrossed. Its diamond shape is so attractive and to achieve this design, I simply dab brown ink pad over the stencil to form diamond patterns.
 Overall the subtle colors gives me much satisfaction when I finished the project.
More behind the scene shots:
 I used Rangers ink to highlight the edges.
 The inside is simply covered with patterned papers after I painted the box with white paint.
 I used brown card stock to cover up the back part.
 And here's the box once again:
I hope you get some inspirations to upcycle and altered whatever you find interesting and usable in your house.

Last but not least, I wish to play along in these challenges:
1. Scrapki Wyzwaniowo : Hexagons

Until then. Thank you for dropping by and see you soon.
Hugs and smiles,

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love this altered Pizza Box. Beautiful colours and ideal as an alternative to wrapping gifts. Sam x (acraftingniche.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very soft and delicate :) Thank you for joining us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah