Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Enjoy Life Keep It Real @ DS4J

{My DT work for DS4J}

Hi everyone! How is life on your end? I'm good. As promised, I am back again within two days after my last post and here is to share my recent creation for Digistamps4Joy mid-challenge reminder. My teammate Karin is hosting this month and she has chosen summer theme for the optional twist in the Anything Goes challenge that ends at the end of this month.

I have created a quick and easy mixed media card with Clivia digital image you can get from DS4J shop
Some close up pictures: 
 I started the background on a 200gsm drawing paper by applying texture paste through a stencil to create some flower patterns. After it is dried naturally, placed down some drywall tapes on the paper then I used a brush to 'paint' the surface with gesso and let dry.
 Next was coloring process which is always my favorite part. I used Deco Art paints to color the background by brushing down the colors here and there and spritz water randomly. I used heat gun to dry the first layer of colors. Then I used Buncho watercolors add some splash here and there. 
 If you look at the small squares, they're patterns created from drywall tape I peel off after I have painted with Deco Art colors. The bubbles formed from heat gun blow was on purpose as I wanted texture. You can see similar technique I did in my art journal page.
And so this is how it was before I lay down the flowers. I used Faber Castell watercolor pencil and aqua brush to color the flowers.
That's it for today. I hope you will get some inspirations and ideas from my artwork today and hopefully you will play along in our monthly challenge before 31st August.

The challenges I'm taking part:
1. Creative Artiste Mixed Media : Anything Goes Mixed Media
2. Ooh La La Creations : Flowers
3. Crafty Friends : Ch#64 Anything Goes
4. Mixed Media World : AMMG with a twist (mood board)
{I've chosen shades of green, brown, yellow and black for my background}

Thank you for dropping by once again and I feel so thankful with the love you leave behind.
Have a good day.

Hugs and smiles,

5 comments:

  1. I always love how you mix pretty soft images with your grungy backgrounds, great juxtaposition! Love the drywall tape here! Gorgeous work. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning mixed media card Asmah. The textures and colours are superb and love the flowers.Thank you for joining us over at Ooh La La and wishing you good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Asmah… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your stunning mixed media floral card… its absolutely beautiful. Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work. Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope you will join us again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours and colouring - what a gorgeous card. Love the textures too! Thanks for playing at OLL, Jx

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah