Sunday, October 18, 2015

Mixed Media ATCs @ Digistamps4Joy {New Releases}

{My DT work for Digistamps4Joy}

Hi there and a happy Sunday! Mine has been great from morning attending curriculum day at my girls's school. It was sort of mini carnival and whatever we buy and pay for using coupons, the money will go to the school fund. I love such good cause {smile}. So of course when we got home at nearly 3pm, having no maid {duh!}, I tackle the kitchen first then brought in the laundry to fold and put away accordingly in the wardrobe {relief...phew}

So here I am now taking a break to show you my recent creation I did as part of my dt work for Digistamps4Joy new releases at its shop today. 

The design"B"team has created wonderful cards at DS4J blog for your inspirations. Here are three ATCs made in mixed media style using the image named My Wardrobe. Click here to purchase.
 I used 200gsm acid free drawing paper adhered with scraps of patterned papers then gesso-d lightly. Next I applied modeling paste through Kaiser craft stencil for more pattern and texture. Then comes my favorite part playing with colors by apply three different chalks and blend with water to produce watercolor effect. This takes a while until I reach satisfaction before I finished off with black paint for more depth.
This gown looks so elegant. What d'ya think? I adhered black thread, mesh and beads using PVA glue {see that white thing near the beads? It took a moment to dry}. I always apply sealer over the surface when it is completely dried. I will do it tomorrow because I've run out of spray sealer {duh!}. Soft matte gel works just fine if you have it.
For this ATC below, I dig out my sewing box and thought the button and some ordinary stainless steel fastener would make a pretty flower, lol.  
Lastly, I got enthused with flower making and made another bloom with button and sequins. All the dresses were colored with watercolor pencils. I used two sizes of bottle caps to stamp the circles for interest.
I hope you like my Artist Trading Cards and hopefully they inspire you to make some. Oh! One more thing, this is my first ATCs! I've been meaning to make them but often asked myself what would I use them for {chuckle}. Maybe I shall join ATC swap some day? Perhaps give away? Or use it as my business card? Erm, use it as tags in future mini album? Would love to get your recommendation and ideas :)

Until then. Have a great week ahead and stay positive.

Hugs and smiles,

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous ATC's love the theme and gorgeous textures. I am a new follower too :)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ATCs Asmah! I love all the textures too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first ATCs eh? Good job to finally do something tiny. Very nice creations.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah