Sunday, February 08, 2015

Dreams {Finnabair: Sparkle & Shine}

Hi everyone! I am not feeling good these days probably due to the extreme hot and humid climate since the arising of the New Year. That however doesn't stop me from creating. I took a moment to make this canvas work I've been meaning to work on for so long. When I saw Finnabair: Sparkle & Shine blog hop and challenge a couple of weeks ago, I thought this would be an opportunity to step out of my comfort zone because I am not really a sparkle and shine kind of person. Believe me, I don't even wear my gold and diamond wedding ring!

 I set to work yesterday evening and considering this is my first canvas work for my sister's birthday present, I hoped all goes smoothly because time was running. I had intended to make a layout but changed my mind because I would like her to place it on her desk at work because she spends all day long there and only comes home to sleep {chuckle}.
Supplies: canvas, acrylic gesso, acrylic modeling paste, gauze, lace, handmade flowers, seed beads, flower charms, rhinestones, faux pearls, Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist, Tim Holtz distress ink, Brilliance ink pad, Carla Craft leaf punch, water color, gold paint,  

  As the process took off step by step, I wasn't sure what I was doing! I do not have many of the products the dt ladies used {I mainly used some of the things in my stash}. I swear I visited their blog many times to oohhh-ing and aahhh-ing their stunning work to get some inspirations. 

The creations by Finnnabair's design team are so gorgeous and very inspiring:
 Some up close photos:
That is my sister Lili in her early 20's during a cultural show at Universiti Malaya where she studied geology yet active in the culture society in campus. She had no idea I stole and crop her photo that being kept in a dark box for years. I figured it would be more appropriate to display her charming smile on a canvas so she can look at it while working and reminisce the old times once in a while {smile} without distracting her too much from working that is {hihi}. I decided to leave the white space around the photo to let the eyes rest and admire the 'dancer' for a while {lol}. Well, I really hope she will like it!

Thank you for dropping by. I am so glad to have your visit and until then, may all your dreams come true.

Hugs and smiles,

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Really fantastic! Thank you for joining the Finnabair "Sparkle and Shine" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful composition --I'm sure your sister will love it : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! Very beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is a stunning mixed media creation Asmah. Just adore the textures on those flowers.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you dear sister. This is really stunning and congratulations for coming out of your comfort zone. I sure hope this will be your first and last project. do continue. Do not worry about products. somehow they will find their way through your doors and windows. Just keep them open. Good luck. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah