Thursday, March 20, 2014

Gratitude ~ An Art Journal Pages

Hi everyone! I'm bringing you today my mixed media art journal double pages and this is the start of my quest to complete the entire solid spine hard cover Encyclopedia Dictionary of Explorations Geophysics second edition 1984 into my first art journal book. My geologist sister Lili Sulastri handed me the book last November without a clue of what I was going to do about it. Her only word was that I can make something useful, something artsy. She made hers into a recipe book. Unbelievable because she seldom cook {hope she doesn't read this, hihi}

The past several weeks I did my homework at You Tube and google to study how to make art journal book from hard cover with solid spine. Let me just say how grateful I am to my sister for giving me this book. Yes, we have both save the planet {smile}. Funny thing is while gesso-ing the pages, my eldest daughter asked me: "Mom, don't you feel sorry for the book?" (she felt like I have hurt the book because she knows how fussy I am in caring my books). I answered: "Of course I feel sorry for it and that is why I decorate it, otherwise they might thrash it which is even worst."  

 I have intended to partake in 13arts Challenge #16. The challenge is to create a project with a mixed media background. I randomly adhered scraps of squared card stocks, drywall tape and applied gesso all over the pages for my background. I painted the pages with watercolors and did some stamping, splattered watercolors and added modeling paste for texture. 
I used digi image Flower Bed from DigiStamps4Joy. Click here to visit the store. 
This has been a fun project and I can hardly wait to start working on the next pages.

Until the morning after. Have a nice day.
Hugs and smiles,

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages. Oh boy! This is truly a funny write-up. You make my morning. thanks, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent work with colors!

    thanks for join us at 13 @ rts))

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah