Friday, November 16, 2012

Just the TWO of US

A new sketch has been revealed at Let's Scrap this week and for the first time members are seeing a winner sketch by my fellow Design Team member Judy Rakes. When I first saw the sketch in the folder, I fell in love with it because of its technical shape. I begun searching for photos and found some right away. I knew it would be perfect. I was just too excited I didn't really study the sketch thoroughly. With my humble pencil, ruler and knife, I cut out the photos into hexagon shapes. It was a relief when it's done. But unfortunately the hexagon photos didn't match the sketch when I roughly assemble them on the cutting mat. I turn back to the sketch and at that point only I really study the technical area and realised my dissapointment error because like the saying goes: measure twice cut once! It's not hexagon but sopposed to be an octagon shape. My daughter 'Alyaa saw my sad face and looked at the sketch once then gave me some mathematical lesson like a teacher does: Mommy that is octagon, it has 8 sides, hexagon has 6 sides, pentagon has 5 sides, heptagon has 7 sides {that's me as she gave her lecture:  :-)}. Of course there's nothing else I can do to make it right. I continue by cutting out larger hexagon cardstock as a mat so my cute photos can rest happily ever after on these pages...
 
 
Here's the layout by Judy Rakes for Let's Scrap:
 
Materials used: Basic Grey cardstock, drawing block, Kaisercraft stamp and ink pad, Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist
 
Some close ups:
This is an old {manual camera} photo of my daughter {'Alyaa} and my niece {Zahra'} in 2001. They have been very close when they were babies right up to now. It's just the four months gap that differs their age; Zahra' was born on September 30, 1999 and 'Alyaa entered earth on January 9, 2000.   
 
 
 
I can't help myself from laughing when I read Zahra's mother commented this layout at Let's Scrap gallery:
Comment by Lili Sulastri Zainal Abidin 5 hours ago {16/11/12}
"Oh Asmah...such nostalgic photos of Zahra' (my former Shaolin). I believe when these two girls meet in two weeks' time they are going to rock their grandma's house. Be prepared, though, for the south and north direction when things don't go well between them. Really lovely layout."
 
I will have to agree with my sister. It's true they are best buddies but their minds are not in the same boat sometimes, lol. They are seeing each other soon on Sunday the 25th. I bet they will have fun time together during the school holidays.
Having said that, I best start packing our bags soon. Until then, thanks for listening to my rambling. I appreciate your visit.
Hugs and smiles,
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely layout and congratulations for being featured at Lets Scrap.
    That's ok....we're way off from being technical. I created hexagons, too.
    Our babies are young ladies now, eh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and very creative. Love the colours and its a great design. Wishing you a wonderful creative weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah