Wednesday, June 20, 2012

So Dear To My Heart

Over at Let's Scrap, this week weekly sketch is designed by DebbyD. My first intention was to make a card as I know that is meant for a card and because I love cardmaking, I thought that was a great design. However, I changed my mind the other night and designed a layout instead!

I have always loved the photograph of my German penfriend Christiane Hansel which she gave me in 2004. I have never scrapbooked my penfriends's photographs but this time around, I decided to do just that! Christiane and I have been writing to each other since early 90's until now. She's a registered nurse by profession and what I like best about her is her true self, understanding, easy-going and her positive attitude. Above all I admire her bravery for travelling the world all by herself and yup, she spent 9 months alone in Chile if I remember right. I love her letters too; she doesn't write a page but pages and pages of her diary and stiry life as well as her reponse to my questions...yes, she write down her letters in contrast to my typing sometimes, lol. We both love exchanging nearly 25-30 pages of letter each way.

Christiane came to Malaysia in March 2005 and the meeting was awesome. My family and I spent a day at KLCC and two nights at my sisters before we took her to KLIA for she was heading back to Dresden where she lives.
  
This layout features Christiane in Siberia. She's an avid traveller who travels the world and treks alone and with group of friends on long summer holidays.
At the back of photo, Christiane wrote:
"At the lake 'Baikal' (frozen, in the background) with the lovely Siberian dogs.
Lots of love, Chris"
(Siberia, March 2004)
There's something special about this photograph; I love the way it is captured and the love shown by her cuddling the dogs. Just fabulous!

...here's the sketch by DebbyD...
...a great sketch Debby!...
Materials used: Brook Collection patterned paper by Crate Paper Inc, Martha Stewart punch, Kaisercraft inkpads, Momoyo stickers, My Mind's Eye twine
Here are some close-up pictures of the layout...
I punched four strip of acid free drawing block papers and inked up the egdes with similar colors. 


I used minimal embellishment so that the photo gets center stage! I am looking forward to hearing Christiane's comment on this layout :)

Hop over to Let's Scrap if you wish to take part in the weekly challenge.
Until then, have a great day my friends!
Hugs!

2 comments:

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah